Do you suffer with your gut health? Symptoms can be wide ranging and can be severe or come and go or get worse over time and may include pain, wind, bloating, gurgling, acid, constipation, diarrhoea…… these symptoms can really impact on your quality of life and multiple tests may come back clear. You may have a diagnosis already of coeliac disease, ulcerative colits or crohns and still experiencing symptoms even though you are taking the correct medication.
Where do you go next??
Gillian Killiner is an expert in GUT health and has been treating thousands of patients with her exclusive Medical evidence based Low FODMAPS Elimination programme. Gillian Killiner was the first Northern Irish Dietitian trained in London in this specialist programme and made this available for all IBS Sufferers since 2011. Principal Dietitian Gillian Killiner has post specialist training from Kings College, London.
121 Dietitian believes it is essential to practice and deliver evidence based up to date medical programmes and are thus delighted to be able to provide their clients with this specialist service.
A fantastic over 75% proven success rate with this new Low FODMAPS Diet worldwide (current UK national diet advice only 30% success).
At 121 Dietitian we boast a 95% success rate* we treat the whole person which is a unique service and the only one available in NI (2017).
Our GUT health Programme
The majority of our clients come to us totally frustrated and at the end of a very long line of unsuccessful investigations. Others attend after avoiding many foods groups for years due to their on-going gut symptoms again with no success. Avoiding foods is common practice, however this can lead to depletion of essential macro nutrients, vitamins and minerals if you do not have a safe structured programme of re-introduction. Eliminating long term can leave you feeling lethargic and low and at risk of other medical conditions. In addition to this, medications that you may be taking to assist you ie for acid reflux – when taken long term, will rob you further of essential micro-nutrients – a vicious cycle is created.
Due to these findings, we at 121 Dietitian have devised this specialist GUT Health programme Belfast to address these common, but serious concerns, we have several programmes along side the Low FODMAPS diet to ensure your symptoms are resolved and your health is at its best.
- To start, a 121 Dietitian – 7 Day Food Diary and 121 Dietitian – Questionnaire are completed by you. This is analysed by us to assess your full nutritional status and health before your appointment.
- A 60 min consultation discusses your macro and micro-nutrient diet and health along with, if appropriate, the Low FODMAPS to eliminate your symptoms. A 4-8 week elimination diet is then provided with email support 24/7.
- Detailed additional, personalised, nutritional written advice, recipes, shopping lists are provided to assist your bowel to be seamless and as perfect as possible. Blood tests may be required to assess and assist possible depleted micro-nutrients.
- Review appointment – after 4-8 week to ensure your symptoms have resolved and if required the re-introduction of foods eliminated and further email support.
- All specialist literature from Kings College London is included.
- Liaison and consulting letters to your GP and Consultant are inclusive